2015 is now upon us, so I hope you had a good festive season (unless you live in part of the world where you’re about to – have a good one) or don’t at this time of year (enjoy yours when it arrives).
So given the new year, it’s a good time to consider what lies ahead and in particular I start to plan the industry events that I will be attending, organising and speaking at.
This year, I hope to be able to participate in a lot more events as I’m just changing jobs to one where (finally) external events will actually be part of the job description.
Currently I plan to be at:
- QCON London in March, where I’m hosting the CD and DevOps Track. I know all track hosts say this, but genuinely, I have an awesome lineup of speakers (Thair, Farley, Skelton, Shipman and Phillips – thank you guys!) So do come along and plan to spend the day in the track on Wednesday.
- London DevWeek in March, where I’m speaking on security in a way that I hope developers will find interesting and useful.
- JAX Finance in April, which looks like a great new conference in the JAX tradition, but focused on topics relevant to people working in the London finance sector.
- SPA Annual Conference in June (SPA2015), where I will be leading a security session
and helping to lead an “architecture meets agility” session.
- Software Architect in October (SA2015), where I hope to get a session accepted.
If you’ve read this far, hopefully I’ll see you at one of these events or another great event in 2015.